Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Every time i hit a bump the traction control lights come on…

Customer Question
Every time i hit...

Every time i hit a bump the traction control lights come on and cruise control doesnt work

Mechanic's Assistant: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?

As long as the lights dont come on. everything works fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2014 sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I cant think of anything

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Ford
4/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 19 days ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

What model is your 2014 Sport?

When the traction control light comes on the computer should set a fault code, have you scanned the system to see what the fault code is that should be set?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
no sir, i have not
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
im not able to call at this moment

Okay, the place to start to determine which circuit is failing would be to have the computer system scanned. Most auto parts stores like Auto Zone will do a scan for you at no charge. If you can get the fault code and post back with it , I can help you determine the cause.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
ok, as soon as i get it scanned, ill contact you, thank you

Sounds good, post back when your ready and we can work from there.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician