Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Has a 2017 Ford Focus ever had the accelerator stick. Just…

Customer Question
Has a 2017 Ford...

Has a 2017 Ford Focus ever had the accelerator stick

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, just curious if any have ever stuck while driving

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Ford
4/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 21 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

So far I show no reports of this, but the 17 has not been out very long.

This concern you ask about came about when electronic throttle bodies came out. For Ford that was around 2004 on many models but not all. Every one of them is now electronic. Since inception we have only one legit throttle stuck come into my dealer. Plenty of others from other factors like throttle bodies that were nasty dirty filled with gunk and binding from poor oil maintenance causing PCV issues and dirty ill-maintained air filters. Also, plenty of aftermarket floor mats binding up around the throttle pedal and large foot people hitting the brake and gas at the same time and the occasional 2 foot driver hitting both pedals at the same time.

I feel like if you maintain your car properly, you will never have the rare issue you ask about.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician