Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can't open the hood latch. 2004 F250. I tried pulling the…

Customer Question
Can't open the hood...

Can't open the hood latch

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 F250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried pulling the cable with no luck. I can't get a grip with channel locks I looked in to the grill but can't figure it out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
4/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 3 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, this will be tricky, you need to get ot the hood latch through the underside of the vehicle by pulling back the rubber mat blocking the under section of the hood latch area and reach up to the latch and pull the cable or unbolt it through the grill and pop it up with the hood latch on the hood striker.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars to leave a positive rating