Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A week ago my bright lights went out but my dim headlights…

Customer Question
A week ago my...

A week ago my bright lights went out but my dim headlights were working, now my headlights are not working at all. Took to a mechanic and they say it’s my multifunction switch, but by googling different things that has never come up most say it’s the headlight switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Checked the fuses, but didn’t check bulbs cause didn’t think they would go out at same time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 Ford e250 van pretty sure I️t is a 4.9l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just checked fuses then took it to a shop that usually works on my van and not sure what they checked out but said it was my mfs and the part was $126 not counting labor thought that was pretty high so thought I would get second opinion

Mechanic's Assistant: You can tell your Ford Mechanic that you want to work with someone else and they'll pass your question on to someone else.

?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
4/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Would you like the Ford diag or wire diagrams or for me just to explain how it could be the M switch?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris