Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 mustang v6 90000 miles check engine light on code p0430…

Customer Question
2012 mustang v6 90000...

2012 mustang v6 90000 miles check engine light on code p0430 what is it and is it covered under my premium care warranty

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I was going to take it to dealer if my 100,0oo mile premium care coverage covers it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't get car state inspected with light on.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
4/1/2018
Ford Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 3 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

the 430 code is a bad cat converter

as for if your warranty covers it you need to call and ask them as plans are different as for what is covered and what is not

bot***** *****ne is it needs the cat converter changed to fix this issue and a quick phone call to the warranty company will tell you if you have to pay or not for the repair

you can always get me back through here even after you rate me

please do not forget to rate me here at Justanswer