Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need schematic of vacuum lines going to AC/heater control…

Customer Question
Need schematic of vacuum...

Need schematic of vacuum lines going to AC/heater control valve. Motorcraft YH-380

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

What is the year and model of your Ford?

the control unit is in a motorhome, but its a motorcraft part (YH-380). the nipples broke off where the vacuum lines go into the control valve. all the ports are numbered. but i cant find anything that says what each port is suppose to control.

Do you have the Year and Model of the vehicle?

Do you know the chassis it was built on?

the control unit is in a motorhome, but its a motorcraft part (YH-380). the nipples broke off where the vacuum lines go into the control valve. all the ports are numbered. but i cant find anything that says what each port is suppose to control. i think its a p-30 chassis. has 454 chevrolet. 1985
probably if i could find out which port the main engine vacuum goes to, i might be able to " trial & error" the rest. but there has to be a schmatic that shows what lines go where.

Ok, the 1985 schematic is here

And here

That does not show the positions on the switch, that was never made a diagram but it does show the color and function. The way you find which is which is connect vacuum to the supply and see which port it comes out on when you operate the switch

Let me know if that is clear.

Thanks

If you post a picture of the switch back I may be able to tell you which port is for which function

i can feel which line has the vacuum supply, but there are 8 ports on the control valve. thats a lot of guessing. as i said, if i knew which port the main vacuum goes to, i can hunt and peck the rest. If you google motorcraft YH-380 it will pop up.

Yes, I know, I see lots of these online but none show a good picture of the white side. You say they are numbered? How about if you connect vacuum to #1?

I see 1,2 6, 7a, 7b on the diagram. Do those line up with the markings on the valve?

How can I email you photos?

Use the paperclip icon to attach files or there will be a button to do the same

Do you see those numbers on the switch?

If you hookup what is listed on the diagrams and check the colors what is left?

i.ve only got 4 lines. one is engine vacuum and the other 3 to operate various baffels. i sort of need to know what port does what, and if i need to block the remaining open ports.

Sorry that info is not available so I will OPT OUT

Sorry