Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I accidentally drained my transmission fluid on my 2005 ford…

Customer Question
I accidentally drained my...

I accidentally drained my transmission fluid on my 2005 ford explorer xlt pumped majority of it back in 8months ago now my catalytic concerter is red hot and transmission flasged in the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

Never

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Muffler shop to replace converter

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 5 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** exhaust convertor glowing means there is too much fuel going through the exhaust system. The transmission indicator means there is a trans fault either in the wiring or a system of the transmission. Was the engine misfiring? Has the computer been checked for codes?

it was misfiring I had the spark plugs changed, and converter, problem still exist I’m thinking the trans fluid is low

Is the transmission leaking, has the fluid level been checked?