Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lift pump mount to rear engine plate is loose how do i get…

Customer Question
Lift pump mount to...

Lift pump mount to rear engine plate is loose how do i get to the bolts

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2007 6.7 cummins in f750

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

The fuel.. lift pump is on the left rear side of engine. I want to know if i have to access the bolts by removing the trans and rear eng plate or from the front by removing lift pump to reach pump mounting bracket

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good morning. I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford technician and I would be happy to help you with this.

Does your truck have the removable doghouse/engine cover that is under the dash?

No
Its a crane truck with pto on a massive allison trans including pto multiple extendes mounts

Okay got it, sometimes they have a removable cover for ease of access. If there is no way to access it through the inside of the truck then it will be easiest to get it from the front of the engine. If memory serves me right, they should be 10mm and 13mm bolts, so grab a couple wobble sockets and a mirror and you should be able to sneak back in there without removing too much

It is the sleve... bracket that the pump mounts to then that tube... sleve bolts to the rear engine plate its loose at the engine plate

Yep that is pretty common to come loose on these, it seems like the force of the liftpump has enough vibrations to walk them loose and out of place. You can squirt alittle thread locker on them to make sure they do not come loose again

Yeah but do i pull the lift air compressor and lift piump to access them or are the heads of them accessed from the back side

You can access them from the top/backside of the engine. You do not need to remove the pump if you have some small extensions and universal sockets you will be able to sneak em in onto the bolts

Im missing something here. The pump is still bolted to the sleeve via 10 mm head bolts. The sleve is what has no bolts. Where it mounts on the rear plate
Where it goes into the back gearcasing
Are you still there?
Ill take that as a no!
Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. Please take a few pictures of this and upload them so we can be sure to be on the same page with this.

Nevermind now but thanks for responding I got it taken care of myself
Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Okay... Thanks for the update I'm glad you got this resolved.