Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Power locks dead battery key fob wont unlock the door. Hood…

Customer Question
Power locks dead battery...

Power locks dead battery key fob wont unlock the door. Hood latch is inside and cant get to the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Ive changed a battery before. Cant test it because i cant get the door unlocked to get to the hood release

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2003 mustang

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Key fob wont operate locks. only have an ignition key that apparently wont unlock the door

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car hasnt been started for two months. everything worked fine then

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 5 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Do you know if that is only an ignition key or not? Sometimes the door lock cylinders get a little hard to operate and will work just need some time to work at it.

didnt want to force it. ive only used the key fob since i purchased the car

A little lube in the lock cylinder and some wiggling of the key may work for you. You can try the passenger door and trunk as well if they are equipped with lock cylinders. If all else fails there is a way to get in by wedging the door open a bit.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Hello. Did you get into your vehicle or do you need more assistance?