Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Loads up and stalls out have to sit for a while then will…

Customer Question
Loads up and stalls...

Loads up and stalls out have to sit for a while then will crank back

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No light and has did more st idle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

05 free star 3.9

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet except checking battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Had cat converter changed last yr

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
3/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

This might be a simple tune up or air filter issue, however it sounds like there is an issue with the mass air flow sensor. I would try unplugging the sensor, then start the car and see if it continues to have this problem. If it doesn't and it will continue to idle and not stall out on you, then replace the maf sensor. This is mounted to the air tube from the air filter to the throttle body. When you unplug it the check engine light will come on so don't be alarmed. If it doesn't improve, I would take a look at the spark plugs. If it's been a while they might not be burning the fuel as good as they should and that can cause this problem as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

I was wondering if you had an opportunity to try my suggestion yet?