Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had an intake manifold installed on my ford E-250 van and…

Customer Question
I had an intake...

I had an intake manifold installed on my ford E-250 van and a coiled pack installed but it ran great for a day but now it seems it continues to misfired after a while, it started the other day jerking and running very bad out of nowhere. very confusing.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?

About 180,000 it seems to be steady especially at a low rate of speed or going up a hill, wide open highway it does much better.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your E250?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I took it to the repair shop last week and they could not find anything at the time, but now the service engine light is on I need to take this truck thru emission in a few days.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think something continues to foul out my spark plugs or coiled pack.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 24 days ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Thanks for your question, which engine do you have in this?

This engine uses coil over plugs. This means there is an ignition coil for each spark plug. If only one was replaced it's very possible it's going to need a different one replaced as well. If that's the case, the check engine light will point to the specific cylinder that is going to need the coil. Your explanation of it having more issues when going up a hill or when it's under a heavy load does point to that as well. If you want to have the codes read by a parts store and post it here with me I can give you a much more detailed answer, but based on what's happening I believe you will need to replace another coil to resolve the misfire you are feeling.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a 5 star rating from you.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.

Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician