Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Ford Edge Titanum and was recently informed…

I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Ford Edge Titanum and was recently informed that my led taillights were not burning. I took it to a ford dealer and was told that the corner led taillights were not supposed as taillight but only as brake lights and turn indicators. I have had this vehicle for 2 years and know that these taillights used to burn. Who is correct?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

No, I haven't but had it at the ford service center and the tech said they were not supposed to burn. I don't agree since I have seen them burning for 2 years.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, have an extended bumper to bumper warranty

3/29/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

If you can remove the lamp housing I can tell you the wire colors for the stop, turn, and parking lights which are powered during use so you can see if they are operating correctly.

Since I have a bumper to bumper warranty, I don't know if I should be taking the housing off. I am looking to find out what lights should be burning. The stop and turn signals are burning correctly, just needing to confirm what lights should burn when I turn lights on. Being told something different by the ford dealer tech and what I have been seeing for the last 2 years is concerning.

I am not sure how we can tackle this, being I can not see your lights working. Your car does use separate lamps for each thing. On older vehicles, the stop and turn lamps were the same bulbs. On yours, the LEDs only do one function. There are LEDs for stop, park, and turn. Since you can not test voltage. We can do it this way. Turn on the park lights, hazard lights, and apply the brakes. If all lights are working then they are working as designed.

I know it is not the same year but the lights work almost identical. Start the video at 2:30 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHOkcIl-XPs

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician