Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a 2015 Ford Fiesta and it's just recently started a…

We have a 2015...

We have a 2015 Ford Fiesta and it's just recently started a large clacking sound coming from the dash board. We've turned off all the ventilation but the sound continues. Have any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Headlights on, battery seems fully charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, probably going to the dealer, just wondering what it could be

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, don't think s so

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to review your question. If your VIN is available please send it to me.

don't have it with me now

That's okay. The clacking noise is coming from inside the vehicle inside the dash, correct?

that's what it sounds like. I tried opening the hood but the sound stopped, this was about 30 minutes ago.

Even though you've turned the climate control off it's still going to be one of the climate control actuators. They have feedback sensors. The module still tries to adjust them to where they were last commanded until the modules go to sleep, which is about 20-30 minutes after turning the key off.

You can possibly isolate which one it is by turning the system on switching the temperature up and down, and changing the modes. If one of these affects the clicking then the actuator associated with what changes the noise is the problem.

thanks, ***** ***** much would that cost to fix?

Depends on which actuator is the problem. Using $100 an hour as the labor rate estimated cost will be:

Defrost/Mode door actuator: $200

Recirculation door actuator: $120

Temperature door actuator: $530

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to ask. If not, please rate my service. If for any reason you feel you cannot rate my service five stars please let me know.

Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician
thanks for the help and insight

You're welcome. Thank you for choosing justanswer.com!