Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1991 mustang gt Silla Noyd just clicks replace the starter…

Customer Question
1991 mustang gt Silla...

1991 mustang gt Silla Noyd just clicks replace the starter replaced the clutch switch and I replace the ignition switch I replace the Scylla Noyd as well and it just clicks I don’t have any power at the S wire

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

No it works fine why

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I replace the starter I replace the Scylla Noyd I replaced ignition switch I replace the clutch switch and I don’t have any power at the s while

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked all connections and grounds are good when I turn the key the fuel pump just runs

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

at the solenoid, if you jump the S terminal to power, does it crank then?

I didn’t try that

Alright, there is a RED/BLUE wire at the S terminal, take the wire off and jump that terminal straight to battery power, I use a small screwdriver and jump it to the battery cable at the solenoid. see if it cranks then, make sure it's in neutral, with the key off.