Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can't get the fuel filler neck out of my 2004 cvpi got all…

Customer Question
Can't get the fuel...

Can't get the fuel filler neck out of my 2004 cvpi got all bolts out and collar loose at tank seal but the small tube on top of neck want let the tube go back far enough to clear the inlet by the body panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It's been sitting up a long time just got it and want to get the old gas out of it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Ford?

2004 crown vic police interseptor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm trying to empty the fuel tank of old gas. I don't want to run the old gas and water through my fuel pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I tried to get it out but can't seem to get the clearance I need to get it out the wheel well.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Ford
3/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 28 days ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

The inner bucket has 4 bolts to remove also. Sometimes it is necessary to loosen the fuel tank straps (do not remove the bolts all the way) to shift the tank slightly for extra clearance. Feel free to review the shop manual instructions at the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m71y7w9far6as5o/Filler.pdf?dl=0

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

Kenny Z.
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech