Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 f150 super crew xlt. 4x4 The truck will not start

Customer Question
2002 f150 super crew...

2002 f150 super crew xlt. 4x4 The truck will not start sometimes. It turns over but won't start . Someone told us to reset it with the key and a hard reset and sometimes it will start after the reset and sometimes we have to keep resetting it. What could be the problem.?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes they are in good shape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am gonna try. All I have done is the reset

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Ford
3/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 29 days ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** reset you are talking about, are you disconnecting the battery? Have you checked for trouble codes after the no start? Have you checked fuel pressure or checked for spark during the no start?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have disconnected battery. The check engine light is not onto check codes.

Do you have a scan tool? The check engine light does not have to be on to set a memory code.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician