Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Shop put a new turbo on my 2006 Ford 350 diesel. Got hot…

Shop put a new...

Shop put a new turbo on my 2006 Ford 350 diesel . Got hot coming home water coolint leaked out of the bottom of the van. Transmission will not shift into high? Does all this have to do something about the turbo not being fixed right?

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Under the van and the top hoses was leaking slowly

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Think I could do a better job than the shop did. Just need to know if the turbo is doing all this?

3/28/2018
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting today.

the turbo itself has no coolant hoses/lines going to it. but there are hoses that have to be removed to change the turbo

Ok so one of the water hoses was removed and not put back like a clamp. Seen the air hoses clamps wasn’t tight . How about the transmission? What part does it work with the turbo?

yes loose clamps will cause leaks.

turbo does not have anything to do with the transmission

remember that the transmission oil cooler is built in to the radiator. if the engine is hot then the transmission is hot

Great thank you I think I can go from here out. Replace all the hoses with new clamps. Might as well save probably down the road.

yes that will good. thank you. please remember to rate me on my services will be greatly appreciated

Cesar Jimenez