Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 Ford E450 not getting electricity when turning the key.

Customer Question
2001 Ford E450 not...

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The key was working previous to parking it. I replaced the solenoid but it didn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looking for ignition fuse, can't find it. it's a E450

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it, thanks

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Ford
3/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 25 days ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Have you at least checked all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I can't get the fuses out. they are really big. also, not sure which fuse to check. I looked on line but can't find which is the ignition fuse.

You really should check all the fuses. But the fuse that sends power to the ignition switch is fuse 23 (60)amp in the fuse box under the hood.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
should I use needle nose pliers to get it out? also, it wouldn't be the altinator would it. The battery was charged. I should get at least dash lights.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i'll get a refund

Yes you should have at least dash lights when you turn on the key. You'll get a refund?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I started it with the auxiliary batteries via jumper cables. I think it's a short, but I just can't seem to find any answers

You will find answers with checking the fuses I would think. Did you remove them and look at them yet? Especially #23 like I mentioned?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I checked all 60 amps and they looked good.

make sure there are no fuses near the aux battery. Did you check the fuses inside and under the hood? Is this a camper? If all fuses check good then a test light will be needed to trace the power from the battery. Do you have a test light?

'

Ron, ASE Certified Technician