Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 f150. Starts no problem when cold. Once motor is hot…

Customer Question
2008 f150. Starts no...

2008 f150. Starts no problem when cold . Once motor is hot and you shut off vehicle it will not start until it cools down. The starter doesn't engage and the anti theft light blinks. It happens with both original keys. My opinion is that the pts transceiver doesn't work when hot.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Starter and battery

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 3 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Next time you can get it to act up, leave the key on for a few minutes and wait for the theft light to stop flashing fast. Usually takes about 90 seconds. The light will now flash out a code. Let me know what the code is. Ford example code 16 would be 1 flash, pause, then 6 flashes then it will repeat.