Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2016 f250 with 6.2. Had it serviced at Ford. They replaced…

2016 f250 with 6.2...

2016 f250 with 6.2. Had it serviced at Ford. They replaced air filter. I made it about 200 miles down the road and it lost all power and would idle only. Was towed into another ford dealership. They said whoever changed air filter got lots of debris into air duct. Mass air flow sensor was totally plugged with a bug and other debris... they cleaned it. I departed and made it 50 miles and wrench light came on. I returned and the said nothing is wrong. I made it 300 miles and check engine light came on. I had it checked and it gave codes P020 and P030. It was cleared, drove 5 miles and same code again that they said had kicked on 3 times each.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Power loss first time only. Since then it runs perfectly normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve had it to Ford 3 times, they said to keep a log of issues and take it back to a dealer next time for service to see if they can figure it out. It has 52.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

52,000 miles and they keep charging labor only to check and clean it

3/28/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** you check those code numbers, there should be 4 digit codes for these vehicles.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
P0420 P0430. And the have displayed 4 times each.

Can I get your VIN to check on the ford system?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
1FT7X2B64GEC61281

Ok I don't see any concerns relating to the 420,430 codes, there is a pinpoint test that should be run, it involve checking the EVAP canister purge solenoid, checking fuel pressure, check the exhaust for leaks, and then do a drive cycle test to see if the codes return. Since this is such low miles, I would definitely have the fuel system tested along with the purge solenoid, I can see a cat go bad, but both at 52000 miles is not common. If the cat is bad, I believe they are covered for 80k miles anyway. I would take it back to the Ford dealer and have them recheck this, there is something causing this problem, and a pinpoint test will find it.

I​f you have already paid for this repair before, then you should NOT have to pay again, if it was at our dealership, we would be looking at it no charge to customer.

Here are the possible causes for the 420,430 codes. Click here

If you have more questions just ask, all I ask, is you take the time to rate my service today, as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott. You can always ask follow up questions after rating.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No, thankyou

Thank you for your business!!

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician