Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2014 f150 will not crank I was installing a rear view…

Customer Question
Hi my 2014 f150...
Hi my 2014 f150 will not crank I was installing a rear view camera and had lights on for a bit Bu horn lights and all seem to work but truck will not try to start what i might be missing ??? Rich
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
3/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Is the battery voltage good at 12.6 volts?

Key on is the check engine light on and the theft light off?

Batery is good check light on
Where is theft light?
Trailer brake module fault

Do you own a scan tool to see if there are codes?

Does the message center say starting faulty when trying to start?

No scan tool No Brake module notice isall i get

WIth the key in the run position. At the start jump across both wire connection there. Will it crank and start?

Seems like you assume i am a mechanic
Not so Just a guy having a problem starting truck
Maybe i need an onsite mechanic to troubleshoot

If you are not able to do any testing or try some things. We will not be able to get this diagnosed and resolved to figure out what happened. Towing it to the dealer may be your best option.

Ok Thanks anyway

Best of luck

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Response was clear
You told me to have it towed
Not extremely helpfull
I am not a mechanic but you seemed to treat me like i was and that I had testing equipment Sorry
I will do you a favor and not give you a low rating

Thanks for understanding. Sorry, you were not able to do the diagnostics and repairs yourself.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician