Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Buick Century put a new connector on it but Iat The…

2003 Buick Century put a...
2003 Buick Century put a new connector on it but Iat The code came right back up the next day they didn’t have me come back and look at it because there was a for Tallardy in the family and so I’m going to look at it today do I need to replace the sensor
3/28/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Kenny, refresh me on this one, WHich sensor are you needing to replace?

Engine code PO 113

Okay, what are you needing, the sensor removal steps?

the the wires were broken up on the connector so I got a new connector and put it on and then the next day the code came back I’m heading to the vehicle now should I get a new sensor
To go with the new connector that I already put on

I think you should recheck the connection at the new connector before you replace the sensor and if the connection checks okay then yes replace the sensor.

Ok

When you replace the connector its best to solder the connections and use the shrink tube as well to assure a good connection.

Oh

If you have not installed it this way I would recommend that you do so now.

I will

Okay, Im here if needed.

I don’t have my soldering gun on my torch song won’t be able to do this today it must be in my garage at home and I have surgery on my knee tomorrow so I won’t be working for a week or so so I’ll be in touch with you if I have a problem with it

Okay sounds like a good plan and good luck with your surgery, hope it all goes well for you.

Thank you

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
I soldered the connection instead of me using crampons but the code still came on in a couple miles p0113

Are you sure the sensor is okay and not defective?

Is there way to test it When I came to the vehicle originally the wire was broken on the connector

Yes, Use a voltmeter and check for 5-volt reference and ground on connector to Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor. If you have reference voltage and ground at the connector then that only leaves a bad sensor.

Ok
I will let you know Ron

Sure thing, I'm here if needed.