Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Dead.. .battery is good. Not leaking. battery is good. 2011…

Customer Question
Dead.. .battery is good ...

Dead.. .battery is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Not leaking. battery is good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2011 f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Can you tell me what is dead on your vehicle?

Is it that all electronics inside the vehicle as well as on the outside of the vehicle are not working?

Has anything else been checked or tested for this issue here at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

everything is dead.. I went throught the fuses and everthing seems to be ok. The relays dont have any burning, but did not check with volt meeter.

Do you have a volt meter to check to see if any of the under hood fuses have at or around 12 volts DC on them with the key on or off?

the fuses or relays? I do have a volt meter but not well versed on it.

I would check at the fuses.If there are any metal tips sticking out at the top of any fuses test the tips with the key on and see if any have at or near 12 volts dc.To do this set your meter to dc voltage and connect the ground from the meter to a good ground point or the battery ground.Then take the positive lead from the meter and probe each fuse tip to see if you have power.If you do not have the metal tips on the fuses remove one fuse at a time and test for power at the terminals the fuse plugged into.See if you have any power to any of the fuses and let me know.You don't need to check them all just check a few for power until you come across one that has power.

there is voltage near 12 v

O.k.,when you say everything is dead do you not have the horn or headlights working or interior lights working at all?

thats right.. nothing..
the horn does work but no lights

O.k.,what liter engine is in your model so I can look at some diagram info on this?

Engine: 3.7 L, 6 cylinders. Style: Pickup.mm

O.k.,my diagrams are incomplete on this model here.Let me see if anyone else here can help.

Others here may be able to help further on this with the information you need.I will opt out and open your question up to everyone else here to see if they can help with this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

where is the battery on these diagrams
where is the battery on these diagrams?
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago

the same place it is on your truck

just check the links please

thats a big harness all taped up.. is it that ?

yes,

ok, need o untape and dig through it

the fusible links are larger wires with a rubbery texture. they will be noticeable

hows it going?