Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have my key in my 2018 f250 super duty and the truck says…

Customer Question
I have my key...

I have my key in my 2018 f250 super duty and the truck says no key present?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No its the car not detecting the key being in the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Look in the center console, on the inside of it towards the back, is there a remote slot there that you can put your remote into? Also, there is a battery in the remote, shouldn't be dead, but I don't want to rule it out, it is a cr2032 do you have a spare close by chance? thank you.

Is there a way to start the car with the key in the car when the truck says no key present?

Should be a remote slot in the center console area you put the key into.

This is a 2018 superduty f 250 king ranch... should there be a remote slot there?

I though it was, maybe under the rubber mat in the cup holder.

Let me look in the owners manual. check there and let me know. thank you.

I don't see it right off, I know the 150's have it, I would think the 250's would as well. How many miles are on it now ? Ford roadside assistance will come out if it's still under 36K .

Did that help? thank you.