Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am trying to replace the rear latch plate on a 2000 e350…

I am trying to...

I am trying to replace the rear latch plate on a 2000 e350 super duty van . Not sure how the black license plat comes out

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford E-350 Super Duty. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I have a new one just not sure how the old one comes out. Thank you

3/27/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Sorry for my misunderstanding, but what do you mean by "latch plate"? Do you just mean the thing that the license plate mounts to in the door?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
the black plate that holds the license plate and has the handle and lock

Sorry I am unavailable for a call right now. Do you have door panel off the inside of the door?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It’s a refrigerated. Van and the rear door can not be accessed from the inside. It opens from inside there is metal plating inside.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
We’re you able to receive the picture I sent

Oh. I see it. The only way is to go through the inside of the door.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What is holding the black plate on
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
My question is how does that black plate come off
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** me see if I can find some information for you, give me a few minutes.

Here is some information, remove the door panel inside then there are 4 bolts that hold that license plate bracket on. Click here

Ok I see you have insulation over the panel and you can't access the bolts. Any way there is the picture so you can see what has to be done to remove it.

If you have more questions just ask, all I ask, is you take the time to rate my service today, as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott. You can always ask follow up questions after rating.

Yes I have it.

What is on the inside of the door?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It’s a refrigerated van and inside is sealed . The door works from the inside .

Ah I see, don't really know what to tell you except to rip out the insulation for access to the bolts and nuts.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok thank you .

Thanks for your business!!

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician