Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Not at my 2014 F150 now but Sunday I wasn't able to use

Customer Question
Not at my 2014...

Not at my 2014 F150 now but Sunday I wasn't able to use remote to open drivers door. I have to push the lock down then close drivers door and you better have your key in hand or you just locked yourself out of your truck. Yesterday I locked my keys in the truck and reset the entry code and the passenger side thank god opened so I have to hit remote and climb through truck to drivers side OR use my key. Keyless is working as the lights light up as if all doors opened but drivers door wont. Have to use key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

No its nice out now and not snowing so Ill check fuses and I read on line see if the door boot was bumped

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Id like to do basic checks yes to see if I can fix it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
The lady was so fast I thought I would have something by now. In the mean time I went and looked at my drivers side boot in the door to chaise and as Google said lots of breaking wires there and one is fully broken. Others Ill have to tape up or ill have another problem or worse. some wires must be so tight they finally break. Poor workmanship form Ford hope my truck dosent catch on fire. I'm not paying either as nobody called
3/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you wanting the post to be closed, you said you are not going to pay for help?

I fixed it. Lots of stretched, cracked wires in drivers side door boot. I assumed I would hear back fairly quick, as she responded lighting quick so I kept going. I didn't see where it said it could take a long time for an answer but maybe I missed that.

Glad you got it addressed.