Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 201`2 focus with a trunk that won't release both…

Customer Question
I have a 201`2...

I have a 201`2 focus with a trunk that won't release both with the fob, button above license plate, or with the emergency release

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Fresh battery in the fob

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Focus?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried manually releasing trunk with emergency release and it is also not working.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
Other notes -Wires have bene damaged in the past due to the closer, those have been repaired. Checked and changed trunk release fuse just incase. Strangest issue being that the emergency release does not open trunk lid.
3/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 5 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** the vehicle in a accident? Can you see anything that may be wedged in the latch? Yes, that is strange the emergency release doesn't work correctly, I am thinking either there is something jammed in the latch, or the latch has failed.

Nope no accident. One of the wires had sheared again so I used the emergency release to open the trunk, re attached the wire closed the trunk to test, and now neither the fob, button on the trunk lid, or emergency release work...

Have you had some help trying to open the trunk like someone pulling the release, and another pushing down and then pulling up on the trunk lid trying to jar it loose.?

Do you know of any way of manually releasing the latch from the interior of the trunk that isn't the emergency release?

The only other way is to remove the bolts to the latch, that is the only other way. I am wondering if there may be a small piece of wire jammed into the latch causing it to hang up.

Do you have someone there to help?

Yeah I might have to just take it to the dealership.... but I'll try to pull it with someone else

Ok, I am hoping by pulling the trunk release cable, then having someone else really pushes down and then pull up , if it would jar it loose, give it all you have, lol.