Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ron. Do you know anything about having to be recertified in…

Hi Ron. Do you know...
Hi Ron. Do you know anything about having to be recertified in a/c work . I was just told I cant buy a 30lb tank for my machine unless I do that. I was certified back in 1991 and that has always been good enough.
3/27/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

That has been a law here in Arizona where I live for some time now. I don't know if its the law in your area but I suspect it is. What state are you in?

See the link below. This is what they are referring to I'm sure.

https://www.epa.gov/section608/refrigerant-sales-restriction

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
I'm in Arkansas. I seen on that site where macs is listed, i'll check that out.thety are the ones I went thru years ago

Its just a handlers lic and I suspect you may have to re-up on it to buy it in bulk.