Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Stalls at idle. sometimes will stall on idle. Parked at

Customer Question
Stalls at idle. sometimes...

Stalls at idle. sometimes will stall on hi idle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Parked at idle. no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 e350 7.3 di

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are a mechanic shop for a ambulance service. have replaced icp and regulator baro switch icp sensor fuel filter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
just had it stumble on hi idle with code p0344 CPS circuit intermittent. CPS has been replaced 2 and plug 1
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today...

im reviewing your question now.....

Ok
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

have you tried to erase codes to see if Cam sensor intermittent P0344 or any other codes come back??

Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

also have you checked the ICP (injector control pressure) sensor?? located on driver side cylinder head??

ICP sensor has been replaced along with the plug. Also have erased codes numerous times. The p0344 will come on only when it stumbles at high idle. It will not throw any codes when it dies at an idle
It's almost like you turn the key off. No ruff idle then stall it's idling smooth and just shuts off. Fires right back up and may not stall again for 1 or 2 hrs
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

okay this is interesting lol.

and the IPR VALVE??

Have replaced it with the ICP pump
Also switched out IDM.
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

when you crank engine if you go to data list does rpm read when you crank engine

goes from 0 to 186 then fires
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

turn engine on and raise rpm to 3300 for 2 min and look at continuos memory codes to see if any other dtc are present??

No DTC
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

not even P0344 the code questioned??

No. Like I said the only time that code will pop up is when it's on high idle and it stumbles like it's going to die but doesn't. It sets the code and kicks the service engine soon ligjt
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

have you checked the circuit for the IDM relay

we just did. Replaced relay and connectors clean. Started and wiggled connection and relay no code or attempt to stall
All right. We are closing shop for the day.
have you figured out any other possibilities?
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

do you work at a ford dealer or independent shop

Shop connected at the ambulance service. 60 plus units mostly fords
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

measure resistance between Pin "a" of CMP sensor and chassis ground.

is resistance less than 5 ohms??