Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2016 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L - is the IAT set up the same as…

2016 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L...
2016 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L - is the IAT set up the same as the F150 (in the intake). If yes, what Pins and wire colors are needed (electrical diagram). If different, please let me know the location and wire colors (diagrams). Thanks.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Dan, Technician

dddsHello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

I​'m assuming you are trying tying to install a chip on your 2016 Mustang GT?

Thanks, ***** ***** a few minutes to look up information for you

Thank you.

Sorry about delay, my computer froze up. The iat is built into the maf. The iat wires are Violet/gray and violet/orange. But the maf also uses the violet orange wire. So you will want to splice into the violet orange wire and cut the violet/gray wire. Let me know if there is anything else can do to help, thanks.

Do you have diagrams of the MAF location and the connector diagram?

Those diagrams are not available but the maf should be located on the air filter housing or the tube that goes between housing and engine. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

splice through the Violet/Gray and Violet/Orange wires?

You will want to splice into the violet/orange wire and cut the violet/orange wire. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician