Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2017 F-150 crew cab. The 5 digit factory securicode…

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 F-150 crew cab. The 5 digit factory securicode for digital entry was not in the factory sealed manual in the glove box. How can I get this 5 digit code?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I do not know this code as it was not in my factory sealed manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just need the 5 digit code. I am not fixing anything myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The code was not on any wallet card (I have no wallet card for it) was not in the factory sealed manual when I bought the truck used last week. I do have the VIN .

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Ford no longer hides the key-less entry code in the truck on the SJB and the only option you have to retrieve the factory code is to return to your Ford dealer and they can connect there scan tool to the system and retrieve the code for you. Some dealer charge a small amount and some will do it for you at no charge.

I already knew but did not want to spend 4o dollars to do this. I am not satisfied spending 40 for info I already knew.

Well, unfortunately, Ford no longer hides the code in the Truck anymore and if you do not have the card then there is no other way to get the code. Sorry I do not have better news for you.

I already knew that I could get the number by paying $40 to a Ford dealer but this is not fair since the truck is still under warranty and should be covered for this. Please do not charge my card. I will not pay it.

I am not charging your card and your selling dealer should do this for you at no charge especially if you're still under warranty.

Thank you for not charging me