Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Looking for the recommended maintenance schedule for a 2014…

Hi looking for the recommended...
Hi looking for the recommended maintenance schedule for a 2014 Escape Titanium 2L ecoboost. And if you have advice as to what you would do if it were your vehicle and what is overkill. Thank you
3/27/2018
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

Seb! How you been?! Long time no see! Hope all is well! Seb, how many miles on this vehicle, roughly?

Hi Ron! 35 000 miles well maintained! Had my mom buy that vehicle last year

Ok Seb. Give me one moment to type out some info for you... sit tight one minute...

No problem!

Thanks for holding, Seb!

Ok. At 35,000 miles, not much in the way of replacing items yet. The engine air filter was due to be replaced at 30,000 miles. And of course, the engine oil and filter (at every 7,500 miles). The next recommended service interval is 37,500. But this is all mostly inspections- brakes, cooling system, front end, etc. At this mileage, doubtful any of that needs to be replaced as of yet. No timing "belt" on this engine- it's a timing "chain". So no service interval for that. The coolant is to be flushed at the 150,000 marker. The transmission fluid is to be replaced at the 150,000 marker. The cabin air filter is due at 40,000 miles. Spark plugs due at the 100,000 marker. Other than that, nothing really "major" needs to be replaced. As for what is "over kill" - replacing brake fluid is over kill. Not needed at all. Replacing power steering fluid the same, not needed at any point.

If there was anything specific you had in mind that I may have missed here.. feel free to ask! Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Were there any other questions I could help you with on this, Seb?

Thanks Ron! So replacing brake fluid and power steering fluid is sort of a scam on most vehicles? Thought that water could form in brake fluid and that all oils get dirty at some point. Good thing if not!Could you send me a copy of the official maintenance schedule from Ford? would be greatAnd last thing would you put premium gaz in or regular? or alternate? I heard those direct injection turbo engines can carbon up if you don't put premium. Thanks again

Yep- replacing brake fluid and power steering fluid is a sell-up that Dealers do to make money. Absolutely no reason to replace it unless there's a problem in either system that may have contaminated the fluid... or the wrong fluid was added during top-off. Other than that... best to leave it alone.

Unfortunately, for the maintenance schedule, I can send you the 30,000 mile and the 37,500 mile services. The "entire" list is huge and would take me all day and a 20g file size to send you. Download that here: https://goo.gl/SJvtjE

As for the type of gas- due to the Turbo on this engine, it is highly recommended that you use Premium gas.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -