Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a f-250 6.4 super duty2008 with 80,000 miles and it…

Customer Question
I have a f-250...

I have a f-250 6.4 super duty2008 with 80,000 miles and it started skipping and not taking gas with acceleration. Smokes when idling and burns a lot of just while idling.Took it to a mechanic and had a mad sensor put on also; 2upstream and 2 downstream sensors put on. Drove it ah hour later and it still want take gas as it should

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

P0102 mad

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F250?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I put 2 upsteam and 2 downstream sensors on also

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Is the P0102 code still coming up as a current fault code with this issue here?

Is it blowing out black smoke out of the exhaust?

Was anything else checked or tested with this fault at all?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

Still blows black smoke and chokes down when accelarated
Can't afford the call

No problem on the call.That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.We can continue here.

Are you still seeing the P0102 code setting with this issue?

Still don't have an answer. Gave you all the information I have. Truck won't take gas like it should. Chokes off. New mass flow sensor 2upper and lower oxygen sensor replaced new. OBD codes, p-135 p141 p161 p155 p443

Did you inspect the wiring harnesses leading from the oxygen sensors to see if any wiring was found to be an issue here at all?

Have not taken it back to mechanic
What should I do.next

All the codes that are set here indicate a fault with oxygen sensor heater control circuits.If there is an issue with the wiring harness leading from the sensors to the engine computer this will cause this fault and the wiring will need to be checked and repaired to resolve this issue here.

Also, check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If a power feed fuse is blown this can cut power to the heater circuit.If you can verify the engine liter size in your vehicle this will help as I may be able to look up what powers the heaters for the oxygen sensors.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete