Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2016 f150 5.0 and it is a dog. No passing power. My…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 f150 5.0 and it is a dog. No passing power. My 2011 5.0 does circles around the 2016. It has a speed limit of 80 MPH. Thats not the issue so much as the truck does not have ball's.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the controls on the stearing wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

Reguler driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing comes tomind

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is***** will do all I can to help. How many miles are on it roughly now. And do you have any warning lights on such as the check engine light? Did it gradually get worse or did it just happen all at once? Thank you.
I’ve done nothing other than check my key. No lights no earnings
Alright, how many miles are on it roughly now? and did you notice it get worse over time or did it happen all at once?
Always the same from day one. It feels like a 6 cylinder. The engine screams however there’s no umph if you will.
My 2011 has 360 / 380
This one has 380 / 387
The older one is a rocket compared to this one.
Right, I follow you there. I'm wondering if the fuel pressure is low. Should set a code for it though. I wouldn't think that the exhaust was clogged up or the cat was clogged up being that new of a truck. Did you take it in and ask the dealer to look it over yet? If so did they tell you it was normal?
I had it looked at and they said everything was ok
Alright, I would suggest this, call the dealer back and request they perform the latest software update to the PCM. Or at least check if the PCM has the latest software edition in it now. And if it doesn't, upgrade it to the latest edition. That might help. Also it's possible you're 16 is geared higher, so maybe inquire about what gear your truck has in it. And maybe thinking about gearing it lower if you want better pick up or you're pulling anything with it. Also I might walk over to use car lot see if they have a 2016 sitting there that you could drive and compare it to.
I'm going to check on any TSBs on this model F150. If I find anything relevant I will post them asap. Thank you.
K
Thanks

I only see 7 TSB's, about glass, the finishes, one about the 5-4 downshift, nothing for lack of power or engine performance. I believe the latest software update may help though. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.