Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 Honda CRV 2 Will Dr. how to replace front wheel

2006 Honda CRV***** how to...
2006 Honda CRV***** how to replace front wheel bearings can use just a slide hammer to pull the bearing out and can you tap a new one back in with the Newhub or Does it have to be pressed in
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Kenny, on this one you will need to press the bearing out of the hub, It can not be done by pounding it out. See the steps in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lzggbj7lwjqvuk/wheel%20bearing%20Mar%2026.pdf?dl=0

A slide hammer won’t pull it out

Its in there pretty tight, I guess you can try it but I have always just used a press.

Ok what’s labor time It’s just when I take it to any shop they charge me 85 bucks to press it in and out because all the machine shops around here of gone out of business

The labor for one side is 1.8 hours and 3.5 if you're doing both sides.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Thank u
Sorry to bug you but is there anything portable I see these wheel bearing puller’s on kids to push them back on do you know anybody who’s had any experience with them and Firestone wants to charge me 105 to do one wheel bearing that’s press it in and out

I have never used anything other then a press, $105 is outrageous, it only takes a few minutes to do it with a press.

I know but that’s what they get so I know if I bring two I’m afraid they’ll double the price and they’re mad first of all cause I have work so they feel that you’re taking it away from them so they gouged me as well as the customer

I've never used this type but as long as you can get the pressure you need it should work.

Ok thanks for ur time

Your very welcome and thank you as well.