Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced thermostat. Car was overheating then would correct…

Customer Question
Replaced thermostat. Car was...

Replaced thermostat. Car was overheating then would correct itself. Edge is still doing this I noticed the fan front of radiator was not working even when ac is on. Help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes. No leaks new coolant. After replacing thermostat, ran auto till gauge went to middle and coolant resovoir was was working properly.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 Ford Edge Limited 3.5 6 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

Friend replaced thermostat yesterday. He did notice the fan wasn’t turning. I just checked it and it doesn’t work with ac on or off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The over heating has been happening last three times I’ve driven then it corrects itself after a few miles

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today..

so when you are stopped the temp goes up then as you drive the temp goes down?????

as you stated check the fans and make sure both are blowing properly. they can be working but if the fan is tired then it will not flow sufficiently