Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need head torque specs for a 2002 sohc 2.0l spi. Focus

Need head torque specs...

Need head torque specs for a 2002 sohc 2.0l spi

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Focus

need the order in witch to tighten them as well
3/26/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Here you go

CAUTION: Always install new cylinder head bolts.

NOTE: Lubricate the cylinder head bolts with engine oil prior to installation.

Install the cylinder head assembly and tighten the cylinder head bolts in the following sequence.
1. Tighten all bolts in a single sequence to 50 Nm .
2. Back the bolts off 1/2 turn.
3. Tighten the bolts in sequence shown to 50 Nm.
4. Rotate all the bolts in a single sequence an additional 180 degrees in two steps of 90 degrees each.

See attached diagram for sequence

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
eric whats the torque specs for the rocker arms?

Give me a few minutes to pull those

Rocker arms 18 ft. lbs.

Attached are rest of engine torque specs in case you need them

awesome your the man

you are welcome