Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 ford flex, securicode keypad not working, all pad

2012 ford flex, securicode...

2012 ford flex, securicode keypad not working, all pad lights remain lit, sometime blink & apperas to be draining the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

All the lights on the key pad remain lit, sometimes staedy, sometime blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had to charge battery, disconnect battery for an hour to try to get a reset. may be a bad keypad

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it

3/26/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The keyless entry keypad is common to go bad causing the issues that you describe with your Flex.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
ok

Is that something that you are planning on replacing yourself?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
no, just want to check on any other means before it goes to a dealer. or just disable it, cause i do not use it

Ok. If you want to disable it you can unplug its electrical connector. But to access the connector you need to remove the door panel first.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
if i do that, my regular keys will work fine & no other systems will be effected. my only othe alternative is a dealer & new key pad correct.

Yes that is correct. And disconnecting the pad in no way should effect your keys, or your remotes, or your push button start, if equipped.

There are no repairs or anything on the pad. So if you do want it working again it will need to be replaced.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
ok thanks. that is what i figured. i just needed some one with the tech knowledge to confirm.

You are welcome. I do have the knowledge, I have been a Ford tech for over 20 years. Please come back and let me know if you have any more questions on your Flex. Thanks.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician