Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Searching for a wiring diagram showing the firewall

Customer Question
Searching for a wiring...

Searching for a wiring diagram showing the firewall connector pinout for a 1990 or 1991 f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to see about that diagram for your Ford F150. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That is all im needing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
How long should this take?
3/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 3 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Are you looking for a wiring diagram or a connector view?

If so, for which circuit or component?

May I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!

Hi, I don’t have the vin with me at the moment. It is 1991 f150 with a 5.8. Needing the pinout for the connector. Needing to rewire the connector so the wire are in the correct locations. This is the firewall connector.

Ok let me check for you

Are you able to send me a picture of this connector?

Ok thank you. Please allow few minutes while I look

Ok thank you

Your welcome. Looking now. It may be a bit. But I wont forget about you.

Thanks for your patients.

Ok, sorry to keep you waiting sir. I am still researching this for you to get you the correct information.

If there is no hurry on your end, it may take until tomorrow to get this info if that is OK with you?

Otherwise, if you need the information sooner, I can leave this open for other experts.

It is up to you. Let me know!

Well I’m headed back to work on the truck tomorrow. Hoping to get this plug back together by the end of the week. If you think you can get me the diagram I don’t mind waiting till tomorrow.

Sounds good. I will do my best. I will try and post back tomorrow with all of this information for you.

Thank you.

Hello and good morning. Are you able to send me the VIN of the vehicle I can match it up to the connector?

Thank you!

here is the vin. 1FTEX15HXMKA60934

Hello and thank you for the VIN!

I am very sorry, but unfortunately, despite all of my efforts, I have come up empty handed. As far as I am aware, Ford did not publish a View of that connector.

I will leave this open as another expert may have further input on this for you.

Good luck!

Just to add some more information. I actually was able to get a copy of this for a 1988 f250 from a local dealership about 10years ago. While I no longer have it now, I do know that the 1990 and 1991 ford trucks used the same wiring schematic for the firewall connector.