Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Last week I came out of work and my car wouldn't start. It…

Customer Question
Last week I came...

Last week I came out of work and my car wouldn't start. It had all power to the car, and I noticed on the dash that the car with a lock was blinking. I figured out that I need to unlock my driver side door with the lock to get it started. How do I get the system to reset. I have to do this everyday to get my car to started now. How do I get this to stop,

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I have not, I can do that I have all power in the car and the battery indicator says it is good, but I can go check connections when I have a break at work,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 Ford Mustang

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

To tell you the truth the week has been super busy so my husband who can fix it hasn't had a chance to look at it because he was out of town. I just wasn't sure if there was a reset I needed to do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Does the door unlock with the remote?

it does.

So, just so I am clear, if you unlock the car with the remote, the theft light flashes even when you attempt to start the car?

Manually turning the key to unlock the door stops this from happening?

It does if I manually open the door it would start right away even thought the anti theft was still flashing on the dahsboard. I opened the door with key this morning and it wouldn't start I had to do it a few times before it actually allowed me to kick over the car.

Ok

I believe this is a passlock issue that likely will have to be resolved by the dealer. I looked for any service bulletins that might have anything to do with this, the only thing I did come up with was some intermittent issues with the remote not unlocking the door. If that light is staying on, then there will be a code in there telling them where to look. From here it sounds like there is an issue with the body control module. Not something that can be repaired at home sorry to say. The fact that the car will start even with the light flashing lets me know there is some kind of communication error with the computers. Sorry it's not great news.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a 5 star rating.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.

Thank you so much!