Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 f150 5.0. Cranked and ran fine, parked it overnight,

2011 f150 5.0....

2011 f150 5.0. Cranked and ran fine, parked it overnight, next morning door key pad didn't work. Opend the door manually no lights no response from the ignition accessory Outlet still had power it was like the battery was dead check the battery and all the fuses under hood all have power check the PCM fuses all have power still no response from any interior lights or door locks or ignition or instrument cluster .

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Doesnt cover this issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, checked powered and grounds at battery, Underhood fuse block, bum fuses. Still no response from interior lights, cluster, locks, ignition, remote functions. The only power in the cab is the accessory outlet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Bcm, not bum...

Ok, I just went out and unhooked the battery for a bit. Reconnected and everything came back on line and started properly, everything works. But I still need to find out what wrong. I'm a master tech. At a gm dealership so I'll understand anything you tell me. I just didn't want to spend a,ton of time on this. cycling battery power in gm vehicles usually indicates a module but your the expert on Fords , thanks !
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will try to help if i can

Since you are tech at gm, Hook up the scanner to it ,Ford specific if you have one and scan the modules any faults , if you have not done that already

did the anti theft triggered on and overnight the battery charged back up and started ?

or a module reset it after sitting over night ?

if no fault been retrieved at this time , run the below test ,lets see if we have circuit drawing and try to narrow it down ,run below test

https://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

With all that said , we have TSB bulletin for battery drain caused by alternator open diode, does the alternator feel really hot to touch ?

Battery Drain, DTCs U3003:16 and B1318 Set

TECH-ASSIST 01/18/2017 | 09:50:56

Battery drain, DTCs U3003:16 and B1318 set.

U3003:16 - Battery Voltage: Circuit Below Threshold
B1318 - Battery Voltage Low

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE PDF FILE AND READ TSB BULLETIN ON THE ALTERNATOR BULLETIN THAT COULD BE RELATED OR THE RECALL ON THE BCM , BUT U SAID IT IS GOOD ,HOW DID YIU CHECK ,DID YOU SCAN FOR FAULTS , CAN YOU ESTABLISH COMMUNICATION WITH IT

lets start here and we go from there

LET ME KNOW

Ok I'll check for codes this evening. I only checked the fuses at the Bcm.
Earler ,the day before, my son said when he put the key in he got a message across the dash something about a key fault or something but it started up anyway. The next morning it exhibited all the symptoms I described that's when I checked the fuses in the battery I did try charging the battery but it's still made no difference that was yesterday this morning I went out at the same results put the key in turn on, no power on the interior,or ignition I went out unhook the ground hooked it back up and it started up right away.
I didn't check for bcm communication while it was down, but I will check it for codes,

we might have key issue , or a low battery dropping below 10.7 volts triggering the alarm , or the key fob rf signal is low in that key , try another key

I will try to help you with it ,You might know more than me :) ,we just have to cover all our bases so we are not guessing and Throwing parts at it .lol

Read Below how to get back in Touch with me and we can continue anytime you ready ir you working on it run theses test and let me know

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
I haven't ran the codes yet but I'm I'm still in the process I've just been covered up with stuff but I'm I will get back to you on that

ok sounds good ,let me know

Thank you for the Rating :)

If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page

You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800