Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 03 Expedition 5.4 liter cuts off when putting cruise/ac…

Customer Question
My 03 Expedition 5.4...

My 03 Expedition 5.4 liter cuts off when putting cruise/ac and seems when going up hills and trying to go over 70. Have replaced, fuel pump, plugs, wires, gas filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuel pump, plugs, wires, fuel filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Was told could be shut off valve/sensor?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

When you say cuts off does that mean the engine stalls and you have to shift to neutral and restart?

So your doing 72mph on the interstate with the cruise on, you come to a hill, the rpm goes up, it may downshift, and the engine shuts off?

If you do not use cruise, this does not occur?

Are you turning the AC on while on a hill or are you saying it is already on and the AC on and the cruise on results in a stall?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris