Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just got my intake manifold gasket replaced and I was

Customer Question
I just got my...

I just got my intake manifold gasket replaced and I was driving home and my car was Shaking and the check engine life came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

It as it said it was the 8th cylinder misfire

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the make/model/year of your car?

1998 ford mustang

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I took it to a mechanic to get the intake manifold gasket replaced and then this happened

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Ford
3/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 26 days ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like the gasket may be off a bit, have you taken it back to the mechanic yet?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No but I don't want them telling me it's something different because the car didn't have this problem before
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I just wanted to know if the improper on taking of the gasket is the cause of this problem

oh yes it very well could, sounds like a botched job

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Awsome that's all I needed to k ow thank you, ***** ***** of how I should handle it?

as long as they fix it for free without charging you for parts it should be ok, I would just simply ask them to look at it again and mention that it was fine before the install, why did they replace the gasket?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I had a coolant leak and they said it was cracked

how long has it been since your last tune up, plugs and wires? if it has been a while that could be an issue or they may have forgotten to plug in a injector, hopefully its something simple though

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I naught the car a month ago so I have no idea
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Bought

that could be the only thing I could think of, brittle ignition parts that get moved would cause a missfire but everything else would be something they did more than likely, when you take it in you can still converse with me about whats going on and if it gets out of control or if you have other questions ill be here to help, no worries on time this question lasts as as long as we need to get the situation fixed and could last over a number of days, it doesn’t cost any extra per question or time limit, just the one fee and thats it.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok awsome I'll defiantly keep in contact then I'll call them tomorrow and schedule a appointment

sounds good, I wish you the best and a peaceful easy resolution to the issue.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician