Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where does my egr valve connect to was working on car took…

Where does my egr valve...
Where does my egr valve connect to was working on car took off I take manifold and now getting p0401 code I have included two photos first one u can kinda see what I’m talking about it’s disconnected and other photos u can see what it is connected to this is a 2002 Lincoln ls 3.0L
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Oh and also I have vacuum leak I bought the elbow hose for pcv but can’t figure out how to get the hose off the hose split on the elbow got tape on it for now
3/25/2018
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Look in the second pic. On the back of the intake there is a black round piece. This is the vacuum solenoid for the egr valve. The vacuum plug that you have shown will plug into it.

If the plastic line broke, use a pair of needle nose pliers to dig the broken off piece out of the rubber elbow.

If there is enough room part the elbow" at least 1 inch" You can use heat shrink tubing to repair the line. Just slip the tube over the line and use a lighter to shrink the tube over the line. Marine heat shrink works best as it has glue in the center that will bond the tube to the line and seal it off.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok I’ll check just went back to look and one of the sensors just fell
Off

Can you send me a pic of the sensor that fell off?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Oh there it is

Where did that come form?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Husband saying it’s the egr sensor the front fell
Off
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It was in there a minute ago and now it’s just gone we taking the intake manifold off yet again

That is not the dpfe, can you send me pic of where the part came from, as well as the other side?

Can you see the other part of the sensor?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The front of this sensor that says ford was literally just there like twenty minutes ago and then it just fell
Off we can’t find it so taking off I take manifold we gunna do that then get back to you really hard to see where that red and green cord goes
To so gotta take off the intake manifold and we can’t see where the sensor fell
Off but sure it fell
Down in one of the cracks he did turn the car on for a minute maybe it had popped off but will get back
To you for sure this Lincoln is such a pain !!

Can you send me a pic of the other side of the senor that fell off so I can see the front side please?

It looks like the dpfe. The two ports behind your thumb are where the lines form the exhaust manifold go to. A new dpfe is around $80 at Oreilly's.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok I found where the red and green cords go got those on and then the damn red cord split ! Can’t win

You have to get a new dpfe, so when you go to the auto parts store, get some marine heat shrink tubing and you can fix the line.

Tape will leak, so it is best to use the marine heat shrink tubing to repair the line.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Where can I get the heat shrink wrap
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
what is the dpfe? That sensor thing that fell
Off ? U mean like even if I find it it would still have to be replaced ?

Yes you will have to replace it. It is suppose to be a seal sensor, and when it came apart it will no longer work correctly. Oreilly's has both the heat shrink tubing and the dpfe.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I’m two minutes from oreilly headed there now

OK.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
EGR Exhaust Gas Recirculation Pressure Feedback Sensor For Ford Lincoln Mazda Mercury Replaces DPFE15 EPS4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0754CMPX3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZMdUAb8AR9441
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Can I just get this 80$ is a little
Steep
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I got the tubing however
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I could get from another online site but last time I did that it took 12 days to get here and have. Prime
So free shipping

Oryeilly's has one for $65.00, But the motorcraft sensor is a much better sensor. many after market dpfe's will give you a po171 code, as they are not made correctly. Remember you always get what you pay for, some times cheaper is not better.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Motorcraft ok

Yes.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Motorcraft DPFE15 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Pressure Feedback Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BS9K3I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CeeUAb0ME8FZX
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
This one ?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
having a hard time getting the tubing around the vacuum hose I got a one inch size or so oreilly said and it’s way to big that had to get that tube from the back

That is what you need.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Alright cool

To fix the line, use a 2 inch long piece of the tubing and slip it over the bro***** *****ne, then slide the other other end of the line into the tube so each end of the line has 1 inch of tubing over it, then use a lighter to heat the tubing up and it will shrink down and around the line and make it a pin piece line again.

You will want to use a piece of tubing just slightly bigger around then the line. The tubing will not shrink to much so do not use a bigger piece then will shrink down.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
looks like we have got that inch tubing to work now ! Awesome
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I just ordered the motorcraft one I read the reviews even reviews said get motorcraft ! So thank u for that will be here tomorrow
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Do u think that sensor that fell off could of also been the reason for the p0401 code ?

The egr lines not connected would have been your problem for setting the code.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Just found the back to that sensor
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
That’s supposed to be a question mark not explanation I mean I already bought it now

Yes the sensor is no longer any good.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Alright well thanks for
All ur help I ordered the part and both the houses are now fixed thanks !

You are very welcome.

kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech