Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 ford crown victoria flex fuel positive side of battery…

2008 ford crown victoria...

2008 ford crown victoria flex fuel positive side of battery clamp had corroded . In removing it I find 2 cables attaching to the clamp itself. I don't find the replacement like this one. what do I need?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME? my problem is battery cable and clamp

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Crown Victoria yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sent car to shop they replaced battery and clamps. Now car stalls when in neurtral or in any gear. It didn't do this before. I had to apply pressure on brake when starting car, move gear shift to desired gear and then release brake and apply gas. Ran very well. Mechanic said he never saw this before has no idea where to go with it. I can't take it home. It's not safe to drive like this help please. does the computer need to be rebooted or something. what happened? it has 104,000 miles been maintained, in good shape.Could it be something in the reset component on the dash that shows mileage and fuel consumption etc?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not unless he has questions I'll try to answer

3/25/2018
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

Can you attach a pic of the bad cable end?

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please keep reading It's been replaced now the car won't run in any gear it starts and stalls. mechanic said he's never seen this. It was a battery assemble thats been fixed with normal cable connections. now car won't run in any gear. something in the shifting from neutral to another gear. Is there a reset for this?
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
morning John, just talked to the mechanic now he says that he put his scan tool on my car and nothing shows to be a problem. He also says that now the right turn signal and the battery light on the dash are alternately flashing at him.He's thinking this is an electrical problem???
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
just called said they missed a ground connection but it's fixed now. thanks John

Sounded like a battery. Cable was not connected right...like I initially. Thought..guess his meter was inaccurate

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy