Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

1979 Ford F-250 cranks but does not start. I looked in the

1979 Ford F-250 cranks but does not start. I looked in the carburetor throat and it is not getting fuel? Possible solutions?
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: It has fresh gas, and when I driobbled some gas into the carburetor, it fired but would not run.
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. It has spark because it will fire with starting fluid or gas. I pulled the fuel filter and looked at the fuel line-it is not getting gas to the carburetor.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it. Just wanting to know what to check before I start buying things like a fuel pump.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is going to be a bad fuel pump, the easiest way to check it is to remove the fuel line from the carb, and put it in a glass jar, then crank it over and see if fuel squirts out the line, have you tried this yet?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried that. No fuel squirts out!

then you hve a bad fuel pump, and it will need to be replaced,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Tim! There are no electronics involved are there? I checked all the fuses, all good. There is just the mechanical fuel pump?

No, it is completely mechanical, replace the fuel pump,Tim

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK Tim, just covering all the bases!

No worries my friend, please take the time to rate me, thanks,Tim