Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got an error code P04DB, IT CLEARED AFTER CHECKING FOR THE…

Got an error code...

Got an error code P04DB, IT CLEARED AFTER CHECKING FOR THE CODE

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

106667

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2015 f250 super duty with 6.7 power stroke

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Like I said the check engin light went away after checking for code

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need to know which way to fix it

3/25/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

P04DB suggests the input reading of the crankcase ventilation sensor is less than 2.5 volts. Normal voltage of the sensor should indicate 3.5-4.0 volts. Access the sensor ( above and behind the alternator near the engine coolant sensor) and verify battery voltage is present to the sensor on the Violet/Green wire and that the Green/White wire is a good ground. Check the Yellow wire running between the sensor and PCM for a potential open, grounded, or shorted circuit. If the wiring checks pass then replace the sensor.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ThanKs 5 excellent

You are welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician