Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Wipers, headlights ,heat tail lights and will not come out…

Customer Question
Wipers , headlights ,heat...

Wipers , headlights ,heat tail lights and will not come out of park

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes , happened while going down the road. AC stopped working wipers came on and stopped mid stroke. when i parked car would not come out of park. 2000 focus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fuse box , ignition switch ,grounds

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Break lights don't work as well

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 25 days ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** your description it sounds if either the battery has failed, or the charging system is not working, if you have a voltmeter check the voltage on top of the terminals, you should have 12.6 volts on a fully charged battery. Let me know what you have.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It's a new battery. Car starts

Ok let me look at some wiring diagrams, give me a few minutes.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Can use bypass to shift car but nothing works light ect

Ok is this a zetec or spi engine

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Z

Ok

Are there any fuses in the battery junction box under the hood that don't have power?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Don't know how to check that. How can I tell
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The fuel hand works

Turn the key on and test all the fuses with a test light, see how many don't work and their locations numbers and let me know. Testing a fuse, there are 2 open metal testing points on top of each fuse, that is where the test light goes to test the fuse, it should light on both sides of the fuse, if only one side lights the test light, the fuse is bad.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
None are blown ,

Even the ones inside the vehicle too?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Starred there , replaced the inside box
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The horn works with the key fob but not if you smash it

A​ll the fuses inside have power too, confirmed with a test light?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
All fuses good except for the rear defrost

Ok let me do some looking, this may take awhile.

Check for a loose ground wire in the a pillar area down by left had drivers kick panel. make sure the grounds are attached and tight. Let me know if you find this ground.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
2 grounds behind a cover by Dr side pillar. Looks ok not lose. Re did one on to at battery

Any change after the one you repaired?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Its a big cluster of wires that are bolted down. It's loose but the bolt is tight
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The 1st time I had some issues, I cleaned up the ground thought I had it fixed. Everything worked in the driveway. Drove for a few days turned on the AC and now I'm where I'm at.

So you found the problem?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No it's still has same issue as when we started

What is the big bundle of wires that are loose? Can you take a picture and show me?

That looks like a major connector, as long as the bolt is tight there it should be ok.

Do you have power to the brake light switch?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No break lights

I know you have no brake lights, I just want to know if there is power at the brake switch?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I drove it home , had brakes. Replaced break light switch before. Windshield wipers sitting in the middle of window mid stroke

I​'m not sure on this one, I will open it back up for another expert, don't reply to this as it locks me to the question.

Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 25 days ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello new tech here , do you still need help

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
at the very same spot as beginning
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 24 days ago

Sorry battling the flew . I see you said you checked all fuses, where these just the normal small fuses or did you also check the fuse-able-links , which are the larger high ampere ones? These supply power to larger circuits before they go through those smaller ones. If you have the owners handbook they should show their locations usually in the main fuse block in the engine compartment. If you still need more assistance in location or further diagnostics just let me know.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
There good , the box is getting power because fuel hand works. The steering column has been swapped before if that matters.

which box you referring to?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Power to the fuse box under the hood

I will pass this on to another as this seems more like a hands on for me . I wish you all the luck.

Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 24 days ago
eric remington

I​ CAN HELP PHONE CALL WORKS BEST ASK CUSOTMER SERVICE OTHERWISE TEXTING BACK AND FORTH IS TIME CONSUMING

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington