Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1999 f250 super duty v10 will run for couple min then shut…

1999 f250 super duty...

1999 f250 super duty v10 will run for couple min then shut off fuel pressure to 0 turn key off then starts right back up i have put neww fuel pump fuel filter tps atc switch pcm rely and switched fuel pump speed relay still same thanks jr

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Does not matter

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

1999 f250 super duty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuel pump atc tps fuel filter switched fuel pump speed relay and switched pcm relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

3/25/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** there any codes being set?

i had atc and high shift code cant remember code

What is atc?

ATC for Ford tech's is automatic temperature control is why I ask.

sorry i had to look at my notes it was code po113 iat sensor and po708 trans range high

No problem, just wanted to be sure. When the engine stalls is it like the key was turned off, or does it run down and slowly die?

in shop at idle you can watch fuel pressure gauge go to 0

Have you tested the pink with black wire at the pump to see if it loses voltage during a stall?

That request was not sent by me, it was computer generated, if you want to speak to a expert I can opt out, I am not set up for calls. Let me know

no but while running i can fell fuel pump relay kick off. turn key off then starts right back up
that is fuel pump speed relay in power dist box under hood

OK, since there are no fuel codes stored like relay, I can only suspect the pcm is turning off the relay, has the crank sensor been checked? as this would turn off the fuel relays if it didn't see a rpm signal.

i haven't checked crank sensor ill get back with you and how do i get back with you

just reply to this question, the system will let me know when you replied.

If you have more questions just ask, all I ask, is you take the time to rate my service today, as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott. You can always ask follow up questions after rating.

Ok

Thank you, ***** ***** know what you find, thanks Scott

Have to leave be back later might be in am before I get to it

No problem

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started
Sorry I own a small landscape co and had a couple of problems to take care of I am getting ready to look at crank sensor

Ok no problem

What a problem the crank sensor was behind the ac compressor when I tried to pull off connector it the sensor broke had to pull ac the bolt that holds in sensor head rounded off so I am trying to get it out I might just push it in the pond lol as soon as I get the new sensor it and fired up I will let you kmow

Ok

Got it up and running same problem l think you said that the pcm was probably bad I am trying to find one now

Usually when PCM's go bad they are bad and won't start at all, but it could be bad since you have tried so much. Let me know when you get one and try it.