Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Starter won't come f150 2005. Nothing starter is bad all…

Customer Question
Starter won't come f150...

Starter won't come f150 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Nothing starter is bad all lose but won't come out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

All bolts and wires lose. Can't get starter out

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to review your question.

Which engine do you have in your F-150. Is the starter loose and moving, you just can't get it to drop down?

5.4. Moves won't come out
Well

It's a tight fit, you need to move the wiring out of the way as much as possible, and shove the starter forward. Then lower the rear of the starter. It will come out. You may the to use a larger screw driver to help pry it down where it will be against the transmission.

We're you able to get your starter out?